- Ohio Department of Education Reset and Restart Education: Planning Guide for Ohio Schools and Districts
- Ohio Department of Education Reset and Restart webpage
- Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Health and Prevention Guidance for Ohio K-12 Schools
OSBA staff temporarily working remotely; continuing to serve members
OSBA is conduct mandatory remote operations (MRO). While the MRO is in effect, all staff will be equipped to perform their duties from home, and members will be able to contact them via phone or email. OSBA is continuing to monitor guidance at the state and federal level related to this and will share more information as it is available.
If you need assistance, please contact OSBA at (614) 540-4000 or (800) 589-OSBA. Staff members can be reached by their office phone numbers and email addresses or by calling the main office phone numbers above.
- Ohio school district restart plans
- Return-to-School Resources
- Vendors offering coronavirus-related products and services
- Transportation during the pandemic (July 7, 2020)
- Remote learning - district resources (June 3, 2020)
- List of services currently offered by Educational Service Centers to member districts (March 25, 2020)
- Email to members: Legislature passes legislation addressing COVID-19 • synopsis of bill (March 25, 2020)
- Email to members: OSBA's response to COVID-19 (March 24, 2020)
- Email to members: steps OSBA is taking in response to COVID-19 (March 13, 2020)
- Remote learning resources on the Achievement Matters blog
- Information on safety concerns for school buses
Town halls and webinars
- OSBA Town Hall: OSBA's Urban Network, Student Mask Exemptions and Legislative Update - Recorded on Sept. 16 • Chat
- OSBA Town Hall: Legal and Legislative Updates - Recorded on Sept. 9 • Chat • OSBA legal update powerpoint
- OSBA Town Hall: Social Media for schools - Recorded on Sept. 2 • Chat • OSBA legal update powerpoint
- OSBA Town Hall: Reframing Education - Recorded on Aug. 5 • Chat
- OSBA Town Hall: Teachers and students discuss remote learning - Recorded on July 29 • chat • OSBA legal update powerpoint
- OSBA Town Hall: School restart plan considerations - Recorded on July 22 • OSBA legal update powerpoint • chat
- OSBA's Town Hall: Recorded on July 15 • CARES Act CRS Relief Funds for K-12 Schools • Hanover Research powerpoint slides • OSBA legal update on education issues powerpoint • Chat
- OSBA's Town Hall: OHSAA update - Recorded on July 8 • Chat • OHSAA powerpoint slides • OSBA legal update powerpoint
- OSBA/OASBO/BASA HB 164 Legislative Webinar - Recorded on June 26 • Powerpoint slides
- OSBA's Town Hall: Leading on racism - Recorded on June 24 • Chat • Dr. N.J. Akbar powerpoint • OSBA legal update (Bostock) powerpoint
- OSBA's Town Hall: Racism in the schoolhouse - Recorded on June 17 • Chat
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on June 10 • Chat • Legislative update powerpoint
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on June 3 • Chat • Dr. John Richard/ODE powerpoint
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on May 27 • Chat • C&K Industrial Services, Inc. powerpoint
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on May 20 • Chat • School transportation powerpoint
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on May 13 • Chat • Student achievement powerpoint
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on May 6 • Chat • Hennes Communications powerpoint
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on April 29 • Chat • Forecast5 powerpoint
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on April 22 • Chat
- OSBA's Town Hall - Recorded on April 15 • Chat
- House Bill 197 Legislative Update Webinar (recorded March 27, 2020) PowerPoint of the Webinar
- Central Region Town Hall - Recorded on March 30
- Southeast Region Town Hall - Recorded on March 31
- Northeast Region Town Hall - Recorded on April 1
- Northwest Region Town Hall - Recorded on April 2
- Southwest Region Town Hall - Recorded on April 3
- Remote Leader for Remote Learning Meeting Schedule
Find products and services that can help prevent the spread of the virus, while minimizing disruption and protecting students and staff.
- Auxiliary Services Funds FAQ (April 22, 2020)
- School buildings to remain closed for the remainder of the school year, new information available on attendance, child safety and family engagement (April 20, 2020)
- Important new documents, resources and updates from the Ohio Department of Education (April 6, 2020)
- Assessments and Testing
- State Testing: Additional Information on State Testing During the Ordered School-Building Closure (updated April 23, 2020)
- Grading, Promotion and Retention: Coronavirus (COVID–19) FAQ (April 10, 2020)
- Assessment and Accountability Waiver Information for the 2019-2020 School Year (April 6, 2020)
- Information About Test Administration Windows During Ordered School-Building Closure (March 17, 2020)
- Educator Evaluation Systems and Educator Licensure
- COVID-19 Education Information: Educator Evaluation Systems FAQs (July 20, 2020)
- Educator Licensure (June 23, 2020)
- Educator Evaluation Systems FAQs (April 9. 2020)
- Educator Evaluation Systems (March 30, 2020)
- Graduation Flexibility – 2021 and Beyond (June 23, 2020)
- Graduation Ceremony Statement (April 29, 2020)
- Graduation Ceremony Statement: Graduation and other end-of-year recognition ceremonies (updated April 29, 2020)
- Graduation Requirements in Light of Coronavirus-Related School-Building Closures (updated April 27, 2020)
- Graduation FAQ (April 24, 2020)
- Ohio's Ordered School-Building Closures
- Frequently Asked Questions for Ohio's Schools and Districts (updated May 8, 2020)
- Additional Information on Instructional Hours and Student Attendance for the 2019-2020 School Year (April 17, 2020)
- District and State Support for Homeless Students During Ordered School-Building Closure (April 13, 2020)
- Information on Accountability and the Ohio School Report Cards for the 2019-2020 School Year (April 3, 2020)
- Considerations for Community Schools and Sponsors During Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure (April 2, 2020)
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers After-school Programs: Coronavirus Update (March 25, 2020)
- FAQ for Continuing Education in Residential Treatment Facilities (March 22, 2020)
- Remote Learning Resources
- Remote Learning Resource Guide (April 2, 2020)
- Considerations for Students with Disabilities During Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure (June 22, 2020)
- Local School Board Member Vacancy Extension
- Prevention Education and Student Well-Being Supports (May 15, 2020)
- Students in Foster Care (May 8, 2020)
- Gifted Education (May 5, 2020)
- Career-Technical Education FAQ (April 29, 2020)
- Career-Technical Education (April 29, 2020)
- Third Grade Reading Guarantee FAQ (April 29, 2020)
- Third Grade Reading Guarantee: Coronavirus update (updated April 27, 2020)
- Early Learning and School Readiness: Coronavirus Update (updated April 26, 2020)
- Telehealth Guidelines for Service Providers (April 23, 2020)
- How to meet the needs of English learners during this public health crisis (April 22, 2020)
- Student Safety During Coronavirus-Related Ordered School-Building Closure (April 17, 2020)
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities continues serving students (April 6, 2020)
- COVID-19 Crisis Guidance for CCP Students & Families (April 6, 2020)
- How to Support Your Child’s Social, Emotional and Behavioral Health during Ohio's Ordered School-Building Closure (March 24, 2020)
- Supporting Whole-Child Nutrition
- Child Nutrition Programs document (updated April 10, 2020)
- Whole-Child Nutrition Area Eligibility Policy (September 3, 2020)
- Parent and Guardian Meal Pick-up Policy (March 30, 2020)
- Child Nutrition Programs: State Order and National Waiver Updates (March 22, 2020)
- Supporting Whole-Child Nutrition - Ohio School Meal Distribution Sites
- Other resources
- Parents and Caregivers Resources (April 17, 2020)
- Autism and Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates and FAQ (April 9, 2020)
- Information for Ohio schools and districts
- View a recent communication from ODE reminding school staff and administrators to review their school safety plans, which should incorporate hazards such as widespread flu and pandemic disease outbreaks.
- You can learn more about school safety plans at the Ohio School Safety Center's website.
- U.S. Department of Education COVID-19 Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
Ohio Department of Health
The Ohio Department of Health, in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is closely monitoring coronavirus disease 2019, first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
- Contact Sport Practices and Non-Contact Sport Competitions (June 18, 2020)
- ODH coronavirus resources
- Find your local health district, which can provide guidance and advice at the local level.
- Access resources for the public, including how to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Download an FAQ, developed March 2, 2020 with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- View CDC interim guidance for administrators of U.S. child care programs and K-12 schools to plan, prepare and respond to coronavirus and caring for children.
Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- "COVID CareLine" for Ohioans: Trained staff are available at a toll-free number (1-800-720-9616) to provide emotional assistance to anyone struggling with mental health concerns due to the ongoing stress of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ohio Attorney General
- Ohio’s Open Meetings Act Under the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration: Frequently Asked Questions (April 6, 2020)
Ohio Auditor of State
- Coronavirus FAQ: To All Local Governments, Public Offices and IPAs (updated March 25, 2020)
Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions (updated May 11, 2020)
State of Ohio executive orders
- Ohio Department of Health Seconded Amended Order on the Closure of All K-12 Schools in the State of Ohio (April 29, 2020)
- first amended order: Ohio Department of Health Amended Order on the Closure of All K-12 Schools in the State of Ohio (March 30, 2020)
- original order: Ohio Department of Health Order on the Closure of All K-12 School in the State of Ohio (March 14, 2020)
- Ohio Department of Health Amended stay-at-home order (April 2, 2020)
- Ohio Department of Health stay-at-home order (March 22, 2020)
- Gov. Mike DeWine Executive Order 2020-01D declaring a state of emergency (March 9, 2020)
Ohio Educational Service Centers Association
- Administrator Update (September 3, 2020)
- Administrator Update (August 27, 2020)
- Administrator Update (August 19, 2020)
- Administrator Update (August 18, 2020)
- Questions and Answers on Return to Play (August 18, 2020)
- Administrator Update (August 17, 2020)
- Administrator Update (August 7, 2020)
- Administrator Update (August 6, 2020)
- COVID-19 Return to Play Recommendations (July 22, 2020)
- Administrator Update (July 29, 2020) - Member Schools Administrators’ Survey Results
- Administrator Update (July 28, 2020)
- Administrator Update (July 7, 2020)
- Administrator Update (June 19, 2020)
- Administrator Update (May 29, 2020)
- Administrator Update (May 22, 2020)
- Administrator Update (May 21, 2020)
- Administrator Update (May 15, 2020)
- Administrator Update (May 8, 2020)
- Administrator Update (April 30, 2020)
- OHSAA cancels spring season as school facilities to remain closed (April 21, 2020)
- Administrator Update (April 8, 2020)
- Administrator Update (March 31, 2020
- Administrator Update (March 20, 2020)
- Memo to Schools (March 19, 2020)
- The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) released guidance on reopening high school athletics and activities.
- CDC: Schools During the COVID-19 Pandemic is a decision tree to help administrators in making (re)opening decisions regarding K-12 schools during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CDC Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act FAQ covers the law's impact on student meals and leave for school employees
- Mental Health America - Mental Health And COVID-19 – Information And Resources
- The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) - Social-emotional learning resources for parents, educators and state policymakers during COVID-19
- National Cyber Security Alliance - COVID-19 Security Resource Library
- Summer Learning Loss: Lessons for 2020-21 Academic Planning: to support districts’ academic planning and student success, Hanover reviewed recent research that examines: how summer learning loss occurs; how the effects differ across subject areas, grade levels and subgroups; and whether summer programs/interventions mitigate these effects and improve student achievement.
- COVID-19 K-12 School District Reopening Checklist is a tool to help district leaders prepare for the 2020-2021 academic year. This checklist offers guidance on items related to school board relations, communications, curriculum and instruction, grading, stakeholder support, and facilities planning.
National School Boards Association
- BuyBoard Purchasing Cooperative prepared a checklist of established principles to help students and employees navigate a return to schools and workplaces. It includes contracts available to aid your organization in making reentry simpler.
- NSBA worked with the National Association of School Nurses to create a guide, "COVID-19: Preparing For Widespread Illness in Your School Community: A Legal Guide for School Leaders." This resource can help preparedness efforts. The steps to prevention and mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery highlight key actions that can guide local efforts.
- NSBA's website has compiled resources and articles on the coronavirus.
- In addition to communication resources available to its members, NSPRA is offering two resources on coronavirus crisis communication response free to the public through a partnership between NSPRA and Blackboard.
- Download the Coronavirus Communications Crisis for Public Schools guide (PDF), which offers 10 tips for COVID-19 communications, important words to know, expert resources and communication examples from several public schools.
- Watch the Communicating COVID-19 webinar recording, which features a panel of five notable school PR experts sharing tips and advice for how to effectively manage communications about the new coronavirus disease.
- The NSPRA website has additional resources shared by those in the health industry, governmental organizations and news outlets.