OSBA staff temporarily working remotely; continuing to serve members
OSBA will conduct mandatory remote operations (MRO) until May 4. While the MRO is in effect, all staff will be equipped to perform their duties from home, and members will be able to contact them via phone or email. OSBA also is canceling all in-person meetings and workshops from March 13 to May 1. This is in response to an Ohio Department of Health order that limits mass gatherings and the stay-at-home order. OSBA is continuing to monitor guidance at the state and federal level related to this and will share more information as it is available.
If you need assistance, please contact OSBA at (614) 540-4000 or (800) 589-OSBA. Staff members can be reached by their office phone numbers and email addresses or by calling the main office phone numbers above.
- House Bill 197 Legislative Update Webinar (recorded March 27, 2020) PowerPoint of the Webinar
- List of services currently offered by Educational Service Centers to member districts (March 25, 2020)
- Email to members: Legislature passes legislation addressing COVID-19 • synopsis of bill (March 25, 2020)
- Email to members: OSBA's response to COVID-19 (March 24, 2020)
- Email to members: steps OSBA is taking in response to COVID-19 (March 13, 2020)
- Remote learning resources on the Achievement Matters blog
- Information on safety concerns for school buses
- Central Region Town Hall - Recorded on March 30
- Southeast Region Town Hall - Recorded on March 31
- Northeast Region Town Hall - Recorded on April 1
- Northwest Region Town Hall - Recorded on April 2
- Southwest Region Town Hall - Recorded on April 3
- Remote Leader for Remote Learning Meeting Schedule
- Assessment and Accountability Waiver Information for the 2019-2020 School Year (April 6, 2020)
- Important new documents, resources and updates from the Ohio Department of Education (April 6, 2020)
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities continues serving students (April 6, 2020)
- Information on Accountability and the Ohio School Report Cards for the 2019-2020 School Year (April 3, 2020)
- Graduation Requirements in Light of Coronavirus-Related School-Building Closures (April 3, 2020)
- Early Learning and School Readiness: Coronavirus Update (April 2, 2020)
- Additional Information on State Testing During the Ordered School-Building Closure (April 2, 2020)
- Remote Learning Resource Guide (April 2, 2020)
- Whole-Child Nutrition Area Eligibility Policy (April 2, 2020)
- Considerations for Community Schools and Sponsors During Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure (April 2, 2020)
- Child Nutrition Programs document (updated April 1, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Ohio's Schools and Districts (updated March 31, 2020)
- Parent and Guardian Meal Pick-up Policy (March 30, 2020)
- Educator Evaluation Systems (March 30, 2020)
- Third Grade Reading Guarantee: Coronavirus update (updated March 26, 2020)
- Educator Licensure (March 25, 2020)
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers After-school Programs: Coronavirus Update (March 25, 2020)
- Considerations for Students with Disabilities During Ohio’s Ordered School-Building Closure (March 25, 2020)
- How to Support Your Child’s Social, Emotional and Behavioral Health during Ohio's Ordered School-Building Closure (March 24, 2020)
- District and State Support for Homeless Students During Ordered School-Building Closure (March 23, 2020)
- Child Nutrition Programs: State Order and National Waiver Updates (March 22, 2020)
- FAQ for Continuing Education in Residential Treatment Facilities (March 22, 2020)
- Information About Test Administration Windows During Ordered School-Building Closure (March 17, 2020)
- Supporting Whole-Child Nutrition - Ohio School Meal Distribution Sites
- Information for Ohio schools and districts
- View a recent communication from ODE reminding school staff and administrators to review their school safety plans, which should incorporate hazards such as widespread flu and pandemic disease outbreaks.
- You can learn more about school safety plans at the Ohio School Safety Center's website.
- U.S. Department of Education COVID-19 Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
Ohio Department of Health
The Ohio Department of Health, in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is closely monitoring coronavirus disease 2019, first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
- ODH coronavirus resources
- Find your local health district, which can provide guidance and advice at the local level.
- Access resources for the public, including how to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Download an FAQ, developed March 2, 2020 with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- View CDC interim guidance for administrators of U.S. child care programs and K-12 schools to plan, prepare and respond to coronavirus and caring for children.
Ohio Attorney General
- Ohio’s Open Meetings Act Under the COVID-19 Emergency Declaration: Frequently Asked Questions (April 6, 2020)
Ohio Auditor of State
- Coronavirus FAQ: To All Local Governments, Public Offices and IPAs (updated March 25, 2020)
State of Ohio executive orders
- Ohio Department of Health Amended Order on the Closure of All K-12 Schools in the State of Ohio (March 30, 2020)
- original order: Ohio Department of Health Order on the Closure of All K-12 School in the State of Ohio (March 14, 2020)
- Ohio Department of Health Amended stay-at-home order (April 2, 2020)
- Ohio Department of Health stay-at-home order (March 22, 2020)
- Gov. Mike DeWine Executive Order 2020-01D declaring a state of emergency (March 9, 2020)
Ohio High School Athletic Association
- Administrator Update (March 31, 2020
- Administrator Update (March 20, 2020)
- Memo to Schools (March 19, 2020)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act FAQ covers the law's impact on student meals and leave for school employees
- NSBA worked with the National Association of School Nurses to create a guide, "COVID-19: Preparing For Widespread Illness in Your School Community: A Legal Guide for School Leaders." This resource can help preparedness efforts. The steps to prevention and mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery highlight key actions that can guide local efforts.
- NSBA's website has compiled resources and articles on the coronavirus.
- In addition to communication resources available to its members, NSPRA is offering two resources on coronavirus crisis communication response free to the public through a partnership between NSPRA and Blackboard.
- Download the Coronavirus Communications Crisis for Public Schools guide (PDF), which offers 10 tips for COVID-19 communications, important words to know, expert resources and communication examples from several public schools.
- Watch the Communicating COVID-19 webinar recording, which features a panel of five notable school PR experts sharing tips and advice for how to effectively manage communications about the new coronavirus disease.
- The NSPRA website has additional resources shared by those in the health industry, governmental organizations and news outlets.
- Mental Health America - Mental Health And COVID-19 – Information And Resources
- The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning (CASEL) - Social-emotional learning resources for parents, educators and state policymakers during COVID-19
- National Cyber Security Alliance - COVID-19 Security Resource Library