OSBA’s weekly #ZoomFor2 videos provide useful information in under two minutes. Hosted by Dr. Kathy McFarland and Mark Bobo, the videos are released on Tuesdays through OSBA's social media channels. Click the links below to view the videos.
- Sept. 20, 2022: September is National Suicide Prevention Month. Dr. John Ackerman with Nationwide Children's Hospital is today's guest. Get more resources at https://bit.ly/3LqYrYk and https://bit.ly/3QZnvqy.
- Aug. 30, 2022: OSBA Transportation Consultant Doug Palmer offers tips to ensure your students prepared to get to and from the bus stop. Get more #schoolbussafety information at https://bit.ly/2P3V91Z.
- Aug. 16, 2022: A new school year is here! And so is OSBA's Dr. Kathy McFarland and Mark Bobo, who's back-to-school guest is OSBA Student Achievement Consultant Kim Miller-Smith, a former superintendent.
- May 18, 2022: Changes are coming to student nutrition programs in the next school year. Brian Davis with Ohio Department of Education Office of Nutrition is here to discuss what's happening.
- May 3, 2022: OSBA Board and Management Services Consultant Will Waidelich will lead one of the 15 learning sessions at the 2022 Board Leadership Institute.
- April 19, 2022: Kristen Rost with Ohio Opioid Education Alliance explains a new campaign designed to reduce the stigmas surrounding addiction and mental illness.
- April 5, 2022: OSBA's Teri Morgan explains why you don't want to miss the Board Leadership Institute, OSBA's professional development and networking event in Columbus designed exclusively for board members
- March 1, 2022: Doug Stuart, a board member with Rittman EV and Wayne County Schools Career Center, shares details on OSBA's Small School District Advisory Network.
- March 8, 2022: Miss out on Ohio Department of Education's School Bus Purchase Program funding? OSBA Transportation Consultant Doug Palmer says districts can ensure they are eligible for funding.
- March 15, 2022: Upper Arlington Schools superintendent and AASA (the school superintendent's association) president Dr. Paul Imhoff explains how the superintendent's association is supporting leaders through its Live Well Lead Well program at https://bit.ly/3IfK6uD.
- March 22, 2022: Understanding changes to Ohio School Report Cards: Shelby Robertson, Ohio Department of Education director of the Office of Accountability, reviews the changes.
- March 29, 2022: Matthew Bowen, Campbell City Schools superintendent, explains how partnerships drive the district's Community Literacy Workforce and Cultural Center. Learn more at https://bit.ly/3iLYDUp.
- Feb. 1, 2022: Did you know approximately 35,000 students in Ohio are members of military families? Military Interstate Children's Compact Commission - MIC3 Ohio Commissioner Pete LuPiba is today's guest. Get more information at https://bit.ly/3AT69Fs.
- Feb. 8, 2022: OSBA's Dr. Kathy McFarland and Mark E. Bobo prepare you for the return of OSBA's town halls. Be sure to register for the Feb. 22 virtual event at https://bit.ly/3rCtbNP
- Feb. 15, 2022: One of OSBA's Capital Conference planners, Cheryl Ryan, is today's guest. Share your expertise! Be a presenter at this year's conference, Nov. 13-15. Learn more at https://bit.ly/3G9965E.
- Feb. 22, 2022: Readying students for success in the real world. Partnerships Make A Difference Executive Director Emmy Beeson is today's guest. Learn more about the organization's mission at https://bit.ly/3s5U1hn
- Jan. 18, 2022: Dr. Keith Bell is the creator of the Ohio State University Student Research Leadership Collaborative, which brings together students from multiple districts. Learn more at https://bit.ly/32dAOQS.
- Jan. 25, 2022: JoAnn Heichel is a regional director with Ohio Department of Job and Family Services' Ohio Kinship & Adoption Navigator. Learn more about ways to partner with OhioKAN at https://bit.ly/32yJYHO.
- Nov. 2, 2021: The OSBA Capital Conference and Trade Show returns to the Greater Columbus Convention Center. OSBA's Jeff Chambers, one of the conference organizers, joins Dr. Kathy McFarland and Mark Bobo to talk about health and safety plans for this premier event.
- Nov. 16, 2021: Is your district prepared to handle a crisis? Bruce Hennes with Hennes Communications is today's guest. Get more information at https://bit.ly/2vzXoPO
- Nov. 23, 2021:
- Nov. 30, 2021: OSBA Transportation Consultant Doug Palmer explains what the Ohio Department of Education's new transportation monitoring compliance system mean for your district. Get more information at https://bit.ly/3d1GU8E
- Oct. 5, 2021: OSBA Northeast Region Manager Reno Contipelli is getting ready for tomorrow's region fall conference in Wadsworth! Learn more and register at https://bit.ly/3DdwFcj.
- Oct. 12, 2021: OSBA Southwest Regional Manager Mark Ewing is today's guest. He's getting ready for Thursday's region fall conference at Great Oaks Career Campuses. Learn more at https://bit.ly/2RxigRE.
- Oct. 19, 2021: The OSBA Capital Conference and Trade Show returns to the Greater Columbus Convention Center Nov. 7-9. One of the organizers, OSBA's Cheryl Ryan, joins Dr. Kathy McFarland and Mark Bobo this Tuesday.
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Sept. 7, 2021: What is a microaggression? And, what impact do they have in the classroom? Michael Tinsley, president, National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity, is today's guest. Learn more at https://napequity.org.
- Sept. 14, 2021: The OSBA Capital Conference features a great lineup of keynote speakers, including Dr. James Mahoney, today's guest. Learn more about this year's conference, Nov. 7-9 in Columbus, at https://bit.ly/3wZy3g1.
- Sept. 21, 2021: OSBA is hosting fall conferences throughout the state in September and October, beginning with the Central Region event on Sept. 22. Central Region Regional Manager Kim Miller-Smith is today's guest. Register for your region's fall conference at www.ohioschoolboards.org.
- Sept. 28, 2021: OSBA's Southeast Region meets Sept. 30 at Nelsonville-York Elementary School for its fall conference. Region Manager Paul Mock is today's guest. Be sure to register for your region's conference at https://bit.ly/2RxigRE.
- Aug. 3, 2021: The OSBA Capital Conference, Nov. 7-9, features more than 130 learning sessions, including Lakewood City Schools' partnership with the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Christine Palumbo and Lisa Bruening are today's guests. Learn more and register at https://bit.ly/3fL33dC
- Aug. 10, 2021: Children are much safer taking a bus to and from school than traveling by car, according to NHTSA. OSBA Transportation Consultant Doug Palmer is today's guest. Get more transportation resources at https://bit.ly/2fgRtaa
- Aug. 17, 2021: Ohio Department of Education Superintendent Paolo DeMaria, who's retiring in September, is today's guest.
- Aug. 24, 2021: The OSBA Capital Conference, Nov. 7-9, features more than 130 workshops. Among the presenters is Danbury Local (Ottawa) Principal Dan Humphrey, who is today's guest. Learn more about this year's conference at https://bit.ly/3fL33dC
- Aug. 31, 2021: OSBA's legal division has been getting many questions about public participation at school board meetings. OSBA Staff Attorney Ralph Lusher has the answers! Get more information at https://bit.ly/3Dx40Qw
- July 6, 2021: Building an inclusive school culture. Daniel Juday, one of OSBA's diversity and equity consultants, is today's guest. Learn more at https://bit.ly/3qNClFb
- July 13, 2021: OSBA CEO Rick Lewis joins us today. We're back! The OSBA Capital Conference and Trade Show returns to the Greater Columbus Convention Center on Nov. 7-9. Registration opens July 19! Learn more at https://bit.ly/3fL33dC
- July 20, 2021: What impact will the state budget have on Educational Service Centers? Craig Buford, executive director of the Ohio ESC Association, is today's guest. Learn more about Ohio ESCs at https://bit.ly/3zkAFWq
- July 27, 2021: Helping prepare students to contribute and compete in a global economy: That's the goal of Battelle For Kids' Portrait of a Graduate program. BFK's Dr. Colon Lewis is today's guest. Learn more at https://bit.ly/3eZ9ARe
- June 1, 2021: What are the best ways schools can reduce hospitalizations and suicidal behavior? Dr. John Ackerman with Nationwide Children's Hospital is today's guest. Get more resources at https://bit.ly/2XgkfO6
- June 8, 2021: The OSBA Capital Conference and Trade Show returns to the Greater Columbus Convention Center Nov. 7-9. One of the organizers, OSBA's Cheryl Ryan, joins us today. Learn more at http://conference.ohioschoolboards.org/2021.
- June 15, 2021: June is LGBTQ+ Pride Month. Olentangy Schools' Orange High School counselor Heath Smith talks about supporting transgender students. Get more resources at https://bit.ly/3iFv9J6
- June 22, 2021: How can leaders engage in the conversation around equity? OSBA Diversity and Equity Consultant A L Berry Consulting Inc. is today's guest. Get more information at https://bit.ly/2SMTvGr and https://bit.ly/2HTYnlS
- June 29, 2021: STEM activities provide hands-on and "minds-on" lessons for the student. STEM academy principal Karen Sedoti is today's guest. Learn more at https://bit.ly/3Aaa3st.
- May 4, 2021: Indian Hill Exempted Village School District Middle School Assistant Principal Cash Hayden is today's guest. He shares more information about a successful student program at the middle school
- May 11, 2021: May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Anna M. Bell, a clinical social worker, joins us to talk about the importance of self-assessment. Access more mental health resources for your district at https://bit.ly/2PvALq6
- May 18, 2021: Fostering a sense of belonging at school. Hilliard City Schools Director of Social-Emotional Learning Molly Walker is today's guest. Get more resources at https://bit.ly/3wdbpQA
- May 25, 2021: One of OSBA's Diversity and Equity consultants, Rico Rice, is today's guest. Learn more about how OSBA can help your district foster diversity and equity at www.riceeducationconsulting.com and https://bit.ly/2BxBS48
- April 6, 2021: Derek Burtch with the nonprofit Erase the Space is today's guest. Learn how the program is helping repair public discourse. Get more info at https://bit.ly/3wwiNaH
- April 13, 2021: The COVID-19 pandemic has only exacerbated the teacher shortage in the U.S. Capital University Associate Professor Jim Wightman talks more about it.
- April 20, 2021: State School Board member Dr. Antoinette Miranda is today's guest. More than a year after the pandemic began, she discusses relief, recovery and rebuilding #OhioEd
- April 27, 2021: Columbus City Schools board member Dr. Tina D. Pierce is today's guest. What is educational equity and why is it important?
- March 2, 2021: What's life been like for a high school principal during the pandemic? Hear from Taylor Porter, principal of Cincinnati Public Schools' James N. Gamble Montessori High School.
- March 9, 2021: Capital University Associate Professor of Education Brad Conrad is today's guest to talk about teacher retention and COVID-19's impact. Get more resources at https://www.talesfromtheclassroom.com
- March 16, 2021: Olentangy Schools teacher Dr. Michelle Lewis is this week's guest. She's involved with Ohio Department of Education's Purple Star Award. Learn how your district can earn the award at https://bit.ly/3cors5M
- March 23, 2021: COVID-19's impact on teens' mental health. Dr. Angela Duckworth, founder and CEO of Character Lab, is today's guest. Find more resources at http://characterlab.org and http://leadingourlearners.org
- March 30, 2021: What have we learned from the pandemic? Toledo Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Romules Durant discusses the district's Project Wifi
- Feb. 16, 2021: Every Tuesday, OSBA's Dr. Kathy McFarland and Mark Bobo #ZoomFor2. Their first guest is Lockland Local Schools Superintendent Bob Longworth. Learn how the rural district has helped ensure students have internet access during the pandemic
- Feb. 23, 2021: Dr. Lisa Hinkelman, ROX (Ruling Our eXperiences) founder and CEO, discusses the pandemic's impact on girls. Learn more at https://bit.ly/3aJ5xqq and get additional mental health resources at https://bit.ly/2PvALq6