The Guiding Principles are the attitudes, mind-sets or beliefs about how work should be accomplished within our organization and how people should act as they work toward accomplishing OSBA’s vision.
We value and expect effective communication.
- We ensure all members and staff are made aware of and have access to accurate information.
- We use multiple methods of communication to reach all partners in the ways they most prefer.
- We use multiple resources to gather the most recent and accurate information.
We value and expect integrity.
- We interact with others in a respectful and honest manner.
- We provide appropriate, reliable and verified information.
- We are trustworthy, keeping promises and commitments.
We value and expect collaboration and partnership.
- We seek and nurture relationships with those who share investment in the future of public education.
- We value diversity of thought and opinion.
- We harness the expertise and build on the commonality of partners.
We value and expect superior customer service.
- We are responsive, courteous and timely.
- We find or provide resources to meet partners’ needs.
- We monitor and continuously improve partner satisfaction.
We value and foster expertise.
- We provide the time and resources to develop association leaders, members and staff.
- We cultivate visionary leadership across the association.
- We hire, retain and value a highly qualified staff.
- We strengthen association services by partnering with industry experts.