Join OSBA as we discuss the current issues in public education.
|Register for the Feb. 28 2023 forum|
Jan. 24, 2023 forum with Dr. Stephanie K. Siddens, interim superintendent of public instruction
OSBA Town Halls
In 2023, the OSBA Town Halls reviewed relevant and timely topics pertinent to public school leaders. Join us for an overview of what has been going on in public education. Recordings and supplemental links are below.
Oct. 25, 2022 OSBA Town Hall: Capital Conference and the OSBA Delegate Assembly
Links shared in the Oct. 25 town hall:
- 2022 OSBA Capital Conference website
- Conference learning session information
- Conference attendee resources
- Capital Conference App
- OSBA Legislative Platform
- Handbook for the Annual Business Meeting of the OSBA Delegate Assembly
- Tips for Delegates to the Annual Business Meeting of the OSBA Delegate Assembly
- Delegate credentials form
- If you need to change to your alternate delegate, please let Brendan Swartz know of the change.
- Apply to serve on a statewide committee
- Coalition of State School Board Associations National Conference is March 30-April 2, 2023 in Tampa
- Student Achievement Fair at the Capital Conference
August 25, 2022 OSBA Town Hall: School opening - How board members and the community can support the district • Chat
May 24, 2022 OSBA Town Hall: Updates to the administrative and financial responsibilities for student nutrition and OSBA legal and legislative update • Chat • ODE School Meals Transition ppt • Legal Update ppt
April 26, 2022 OSBA Town Hall: Ohio Opioid Education Alliance on the Beat the Stigma campaign and OSBA legal and legislative update • Chat • Legal Update on issues for graduation ppt
March 21, 2022 OSBA Town Hall: ODE Update on State Report Card and OSBA legal and legislative update • ODE's March 21 overview presentation ppt and full presentation ppt • Chat
Feb. 22, 2022 OSBA Town Hall: Updates from OSBA's legal, legislative and board and management services teams • Chat • Legal Update ppt
Town halls held prior to 2022 are posted at www.ohioschoolboards.org/coronavirus-covid-19-resources. Note: Information is current as of the date of the recording.