Communication will be key for your school district as you plan for the future. If there's anything we can do to assist, please let us know.
When the 2019-2020 school year began, we had no idea a once-in-a-lifetime, worldwide pandemic would, or even could, close schools across the nation. Now we know differently. While we all hope students and teachers can safely return to classrooms in the fall, we must prepare for the possibility COVID-19 will interrupt life – and instruction – again.
There's much to accomplish as we look to next school year. To help you with planning, we've developed four evaluation surveys you can use to gather feedback from stakeholders about your distance learning efforts this spring. Feel free to customize the surveys to best fit the needs of your district. The questions easily can be copied and pasted into online tools such as Google Forms and Survey Monkey.
Sample materials from Ohio school districts
- Fairbanks Local Schools: contact Superintendent Adham Schirg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
Research and tip sheets
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 K-12 District Reopening Checklist: Hanover Research (2020)
- How to Succeed in Distance Learning: 5 Tips for Families: Hanover Research (2020)
- How to Succeed in Distance Learning: 5 Tips for Students: Hanover Research (2020)
- K-12 Fall 2020 Scenario Planning Survey: Hanover Research (2020)
- Professional Development Needs Assessment - Survey Instrument: Hanover Research (May 2020)
- Summer Learning Loss: Lessons for 2020-21 Academic Planning: Hanover Research (2020)
- Tier 2 and Tier 3 Virtual Learning: Hanover Research: Hanover Research (May 2020)
- Strategies for School District Reopening Plans: Hanover Research (May 26, 2020)