As Ohio public school districts welcome former ECOT students back into their schools, OSBA is supporting boards of education with any assistance they need to help students smoothly transition into the public school system. As part of that effort, OSBA has created a web page with all of the materials produced by OSBA and the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) concerning ECOT's closure and students transferring to other school districts. The website includes the following information:
- A video that describes how school board members can prepare to help students and families who formerly attended ECOT.
- An OSBA FAQ document regarding ECOT's closure.
- ODE's FAQ for schools regarding community school closures, which outlines steps schools and districts should take to when enrolling ECOT students.
- ODE’s FAQ for families affected by a community school closure.
- OSBA’s news release: Ohio public school boards welcoming former ECOT students back into their schools
If you have additional questions about the ECOT closure, please contact OSBA or ODE. ODE is encouraging districts either to email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org (put “ECOT Transition” in the subject line) or to call 877-644-6338.
Posted by Sara C. Clark on 1/26/2018