Welcome to 2020! As you update your calendars for a new year, please remember that OSBA offers many tools and resources to help you keep track of important legal deadlines, upcoming workshops and seminars, and other important dates. These include:
- OSBA’s Revised Code Dates and Deadlines calendar. OSBA’s division of legal services compiles a list of many of the statutory deadlines for school districts that appear in the Ohio Revised Code. These include nonrenewal deadlines, ODE reporting deadlines, election deadlines, financial reporting deadlines, and more.
- OSBA training calendar. OSBA lists all of its scheduled events for the upcoming year on its training calendar. Bookmark this page and check it often, as OSBA regularly adds new opportunities for training.
- Legal Division Workshops. In addition to the upcoming Board Member 101 and 201 workshops, the legal division has plans to host or participate in several legal workshops in 2020. The dates for a few of these workshops are still tentative, but please pencil them in on your calendars and check the OSBA training calendar for the final date as the workshop draws closer:
- Introduction to Collective Bargaining – February 24
- Special Education Law Workshop – March 6
- Deep Dive into Alternative Funding Resources – March 12
- Cyberlaw Workshop – March 13
- Board Leadership Institute – May 1-2
- Sports Law Workshop – June 26
- Attendance, Tuition and Custody Law Workshop – August 7
- OSBA Capital Conference and Trade Show – November 8-10
Best wishes for a wonderful 2020! We look forward to working with you and your districts in the year ahead and hope to see you at some of our upcoming events!