OSBA’s division of legal services will be participating in two training opportunities next week.
First, on Monday, March 21, OSBA’s Chief Legal Counsel Sara Clark will provide updates on legal developments that affect school districts and educational service centers at OSBA’s town hall meeting. The town hall begins at 5:30 p.m. The main speaker at Monday’s town hall is Shelby Robertson, the Director of Accountability for the Ohio Department of Education. Ms. Robertson will be discussing the updated state report cards. You can register for Monday’s town hall here.
Later in the week, on Friday, March 25, the division of legal services will be hosting the 2022 Special Education Law Workshop. There’s still time to register for this virtual workshop.
The workshop offers the unique opportunity to learn about the latest developments in the laws that govern special education in Ohio from experienced special education lawyers. The workshop has been approved for 5.25 hours of continuing legal education (CLE) credit by the Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on CLE.
Attendees at the workshop will:
- Learn about the development of best practices and methods for universal screening and remediation for children with dyslexia from members of the Ohio Dyslexia Committee.
- Hear an update about special education dispute resolution from ODE's Office for Exceptional Children.
- Learn practical steps to facilitate legal compliance while engaging in the critically important work of assisting students with post-secondary transitions.
- Discover how to navigate the due process landscape.
- Find out how to write legally compliant individualized education programs.
You can register and get more information about the Special Education Law Workshop here.