On June 7 the Ohio Council of School Board Attorneys (OCSBA) will host the annual OCSBA School Attorney Workshop at the Renaissance Columbus Westerville-Polaris Hotel. This year’s agenda includes:
- Protect and Serve is Not Enough: SRO’s in Schools
- Is Janus a Glancing Blow or Coup de Grace for Unions?
- Understanding HB 70 and Academic Distress Commissions
- Student and Staff Issues in Administering Medications
- Working with Parent Advocates: Ethical and Practical Considerations
This program has been approved by the Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on Continuing Legal Education for 5.75 total CLE hours, with 1.0 hour of attorney professional conduct instruction. The workshop is open to OCSBA members, in-house counsel of OSBA-member school districts and OSBA members. For more information and to register, visit https://www.ohioschoolboards.org/events/view/ocsba-school-attorney-workshop-1.
A few overnight rooms are available on Thursday, June 6 for $149. Please make your reservation before 5/14/19 by calling 1-833-427-0292 or by using this link: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1550071385067&key=GRP.
We hope to see you on June 7.