For attorneys hoping to add to their balance of continuing legal education (CLE) hours before the end of the year, OSBA’s Capital Conference is here to help. At this year’s conference, we have expanded the number and variety of CLE offerings. Attorneys are able to earn a total of 10.5 hours of CLE credit at Capital Conference. All of the CLE learning sessions will be held in Room A 210-212, on the second floor of Concourse A.
Tuesday’s School Law Workshop has five learning sessions and a total of 5.5 hours of CLE credit, including 1.25 hours of professional conduct. In addition, we are offering five classes on Monday, each of which has been approved for 1 hour of CLE credit.
On Monday, the learning sessions are:
- Into the woods: Advanced public records, presented by Hollie F. Reedy (Ennis Britton Co. LPA);
- Protection from the plaintiff’s playbook, presented by Patrick Schmitz and Jessica Philemond (Scott Scriven LLP) and Todd Meyer (Olentangy Local, Delaware);
- Drug/alcohol testing for staff, students, presented by Kevin J. Locke (Pepple & Waggoner Ltd.);
- Police access to live-feed surveillance, presented by David Hirt (Peters Kalail & Markakis Co. LPA);
- We’re under attack – this is not a drill!, presented by Pat Ciccantelli (Aurora City) and Robert J. McBride (Ennis Britton Co. LPA).
The School Law Workshop learning sessions are:
- Should I stay or should I go?, presented by Dan Hoying (Cincinnati Public), Stacy V. Pollock (Mazanec, Raskin & Ryder Co. LPA) and Debra Mettee (Liberty Local, Trumbull);
- Booster school, presented by Julia A. Bauer (Scott Scriven LLP), Beth Short (Ohio Attorney General’s Office) and Susan Willeke (Ohio Ethics Commission);
- Give and toke – medical marijuana and schools, presented by Kathy I. Perrico and Lisa H. Woloszynek (Walter Haverfield LLP) and Dr. Erich Merkle (Akron City);
- You can’t always bid what you want, presented by Chris McCloskey, Sean Lehman and Sylvia Gillis (Bricker & Eckler LLP) and Vince Utterback (Pickerington Local (Fairfield));
- Demystifying the report card, presented by Brian DeSantis and Donna M. Andrew (Pepple & Waggoner, Ltd.) Donald J. Jolly II (Warrensville Heights City) and Dr. Jon Brasfield (University of Findlay).
More information on all of these sessions is available on the conference app. See you in just a few days at the 2019 OSBA Capital Conference!