The OSBA Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Committee works to provide events for our membership and our staff to enhance understanding of D&I in our schools and workplace. Please visit our resource page to learn more about how D&I impacts schools.
The D&I Committee's upcoming learning opportunities include:
- 9/30/19 - Riverside Family Chiropractic will be hosting a lunch-n-learn on the secret to dealing with stress
- 10/10/19 - Giant Eagle will be at OSBA for Flu shots
- October is Breast Cancer month - a lunch-n-learn will be scheduled
- CODC - save-the-date November 6, 2019 at the Blackwell
- Movie & a snack - coming in December
Do you have ideas for future programming? We would love to hear from you. Please contact Lenore Winfrey, the D&I Committee chair.
The committee's mission
OSBA is committed to building a workplace environment in which everyone feels valued, respected and included, and is treated with dignity. Differences among us are viewed as strengths that contribute to collaborative partnerships and relationships. We value, promote and expect a culture that is tolerant and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
The committee's vision
- We value the differences in people and explore these differences in a safe, positive and nurturing environment.
- We foster a supportive environment of mutual trust and respect.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace community that encourages sharing life experiences and a dialogue on diversity.
- We promote personal and professional growth.
- We respect and value efforts that help staff better understand the diverse needs of our membership.
- We emphasize recruitment and retention of a talented, diverse workforce.
- We are committed to learning from our diverse governance leaders of the association.