The Urban Network is open to all board members, superintendents, treasurers and other staff of Ohio urban school districts. The Urban Network is the premier advisory voice to OSBA in helping urban school boards of education effectively prepare all students to be globally competitive and successful in college and/or career.
Leaders representing more than 25 urban school districts are active in the meetings, seminars and other activities of the network. Through sharing ideas and best practices, all urban school districts can benefit.
Urban Network Events
Winter meeting - February 12, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the OSBA Board Room, 8050 North High St. Columbus OH 4323
Join us for a legislative update from the statehouse and a continued discussion about developing a student voice program to enhance the culture and achievement in your schools.
10:00-10:10 – Welcome: Steve Horton, OSBA Staff Liaison to the USDAN
- Facebook page
- A call for Capital Conference ideas
10:10-10:45 – Legislative Update: Will Schwartz, OSBA Legislative Lobbyist
- Academic distress commission mandate for the Superintendent of Public Instruction
- What does OSBA need from the Urban Network?
- Brainstorm issues and ideas for suggestions for improvement
11:45-12:15 – Attendee lunch
12:15-1:25 – Reaching and influencing at-risk youth: A panel discussion on youth voice and youth-led prevention
- We have compiled a group of professionals who have been involved in all aspects of the conceptualization, design, and implementation of youth-voice and/or youth-led prevention efforts (e.g., interventions, strategies, programs, initiatives, etc.).
- Whether you're curious about how to begin a conversation on the value of youth-led prevention, or you're currently searching for a program to implement, our panel is prepared to answer any of your questions and/or concerns.
1:30-2:00 – The Toledo Student Voice Initiative: Implementation insights and lessons learned
- We are now halfway through the school year and the first full year of the TPS Student Voice initiative. Hear from board members and administration about the progress and the things they have learned from their work.