Today, schools face a range of threats — everything from social media firestorms and accusations of sexual misconduct to contentious ballot issues and prolonged negotiations with labor unions. When those events occur, stakeholders need to hear the school’s side of the story first.
Our crisis management consultants are deeply experienced crisis professionals with long histories working in the news media, in industry and in law.
OSBA, along with Hennes Communications, provides crisis management and communications services to public school systems throughout Ohio that are facing sudden challenges to their organizations’ reputations and operations. Hennes has a deep track record of working closely with school boards and legal counsel, balancing best crisis management practices and the need to protect the interests of a school or district with today’s demands for speed and transparency.
Hennes Communications helps school districts by:
- Developing and executing strategic communications responses to crises, emerging issues and other game-changing organizational developments.
- Developing and executing rapid-response strategies for priority social media channels, assuring that key messages are heard on these critical communication platforms.
- Assessing client risks and developing communication plans responding to those risks.
- Conducting customized media training and crisis drills.
- Providing litigation communications support.
- Helping clients communicate effectively during times of organizational change and reputational challenge.
- Preparing and coaching executives for their roles as organizational spokespersons.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Hennes is one of the leading firms in North America focused exclusively on high-stakes communications — the type of help clients seek when they face reputational challenges, crises, bet-the-store issues and other watershed events. The firm is staffed exclusively by senior-level professionals with deep experience as trusted advisers to education, corporate, nonprofit and government leaders when developments threaten their organizations’ future growth and even their future existence.
“The OSBA mission includes providing our members with important services that augment the talents of their district’s administrative staff. With Hennes Communications, our members have access to a team of crisis communications specialists at any time on any issue that needs an experienced perspective and specialized talents. Many of our members already have taken advantage of their expertise and we believe this new agreement will help more districts take advantage of the services the firm offers.” - Rick Lewis, OSBA chief executive officer
OSBA members receive a free 30-minute consult. For more information on pre-crisis or 24/7 crisis response, contact Thom Fladung, managing partner, Hennes Communications at (216) 321-7774 ext. 102 or visit http://www.crisiscommunications.com/