Each member board of education shall be entitled to appoint one of its members as a delegate to the annual business meeting, or other called meeting, with power to vote. These appointees comprise the body known as the OSBA Delegate Assembly and must be present to vote.
The 2020 Annual Business Meeting of the OSBA Delegate Assembly will be held Oct. 29, 2020, at 6:30 p.m. View more details on the 2020 Delegate Assembly.
The Delegate Assembly:
- receives the Nominating Committee’s report and elects the president-elect of OSBA, with a majority vote;
- may amend the OSBA Constitution with a two-thirds (2/3) vote;
- may amend the OSBA Bylaws, including Article 2 (Dues Schedule), with a two-thirds (2/3) vote;
- determines policies of the association with a majority vote;
- adopts resolutions to amend OSBA’s Legislative Platform with a three-fourths (3/4) vote;
- upon recommendation from the Rules Committee, reviews and adopts the proposed rules for the annual business meeting;
- accepts the Credentials Committee’s quorum report;
- receives the executive director’s report; and
- receives reports from selected committees and task forces.
All matters to be voted upon at the annual business meeting shall be mailed to each member of affiliated school boards for study at least thirty (30) days prior to the date of the meeting. Any matter not mailed at least thirty (30) days in advance will require a two-thirds (2/3) vote of all registered delegates present in order to be placed on the agenda.
The Delegate Assembly normally meets during the OSBA Capital Conference in November.