OSBA's Board Leadership Institute (BLI) is an annual professional development event designed by board members for board members. It provides new and veteran board members across Ohio information to help them guide their districts forward. The two-day institute is the only leadership development event in the state designed exclusively for school board members.
BLI 2016 is April 29-30 at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris. Registration is $245 and includes breakfast and lunch on both days and workshop materials from each of the 18 breakout sessions.
BLI offers in-depth workshops taught by the leading experts on topics ranging from student achievement, finance and school law to legislative issues, curriculum and board development. The institute also features enlightening keynote speakers, networking luncheons, an on-site OSBA Bookstore and plenty of opportunities to share ideas and best practices with other board members and association staff.
The Hilton Columbus/Polaris will be the site of this comprehensive Friday-Saturday institute. The hotel is located in north Columbus. Parking is free at this facility.
Room rates — Call (614) 885-1600 for reservations. Mention OSBA to get a rate of $129 for a single or double room. Room reservations must be made by April 8 to receive the special rate.
Directions to the Hilton Columbus/Polaris, 8700 Lyra Drive, Columbus, 43240
• From I-71 northbound: Take I-71 to exit 121/Polaris Parkway. Turn left (west) onto Polaris Parkway. Turn right at the first traffic light onto Lyra Drive.
• From I-71 southbound: Take I-71 to exit 121/Gemini Place, toward SR 750/Polaris Parkway. Turn right onto Gemini Place. Turn left onto Lyra Drive.
The Board Leadership Institute will be held in Columbus on April 29-30. Cost for the institute is $245, which includes breakfast and lunch on both days and workshop materials.
Register online at http://www.ohioschoolboards.org/events/board-leadership-institute-0. You also can register by phone, fax or email. You will receive an email confirmation after your registration is processed.
Cancellation and refund policy
• Cancellations received by OSBA on or before April 22 will receive a full refund; the district will not be charged.
• Cancellations received after April 22 will be charged $125.
• No-shows and cancellations the day of the institute will be charged $245.