Welcome to the OSBA Book Club
The book is full of practical, easily-translatable tips and tools to jumpstart your district or your school building's visibility. Dr. Joe Clark, a noted educator and author, commented, "Educators are always hoping for more parent engagement. (This book) will help you turn that hope into reality."
"Your School Rocks" will give you ideas about:
- Using videos to grab attention
- Social media tools that extend your brand and message
- Using platforms that appeal to each of your stakeholder groups
- Meeting your parents...where ever they may be
There's no fee to join the OSBA Book Club but you must be registered as a Book Club member to receive communications about webinars or other opportunities associated with club membership. Upon registration, you will be redirected to our online bookstore to purchase your own copy of the book. now
For "Your School Rocks", two 45-minute webinars are scheduled:
- Pages 1-62 will be discussed on Wednesday, February 22 from 4:00-4:45 p.m.
- Pages 62-103 will be discussed on Wednesday, March 15 from 4:00-4:45 p.m..
The OSBA Book Club is a cost-free program allowing member districts (board members, administrators and district staff and community members) to read and learn together. OSBA's Cheryl Ryan explains why you should join the Book Club in the following video.
The OSBA Book Club began in the winter of 2014 with How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character, by Paul Tough. We've read many great selections since then. Please join us for our current book or spice up your knowledge with one of our previous reads.