From school law and policy to board governance and strategic planning, there’s an OSBA program or presentation available that can improve the knowledge and skills of school board members, administrators and other employees in your school district.
Some of the best board training often happens with individual boards on topics customized to meet their needs. OSBA has a host of experts who can provide a variety board governance training.
All of the programs and presentations listed below are available for scheduling by individual school districts (for the school board and/or for district employees) or by groups of districts that share a common interest in a particular topic. Any of the topics below can be combined into a unique workshop to meet a district’s individual needs.
Need training on a topic not listed below? Contact us to discuss unique topics or how we can tailor a presentation to fit your district's needs. Call OSBA at (614) 540-4000 to schedule customized training today!
- Best practices in the usage of board committees
- Board ethics and trust
- Board member appointment and training
- Board operating protocols
- Board relations and coping strategies
- Board self-assessment
- The board's role in improving student achievement
- Classified staff professional development
- Community partnerships
- Culture and engagement
- The development of board handbooks
- Effective board meetings
- High-stakes decision-making
- Internal and external communication
- Leadership team roles and responsibilities
- New superintendent, treasurer or board member transitions
- Staff and community surveys
- Preparing for and leading through change
- Succession planning for leadership teams
- Superintendent and treasurer evaluation
- Collective bargaining overview
- Open meetings act
- Ohio Ethics Law
- Parliamentary procedure
- Special education overview
- Sunshine law