OSBA is offering a reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol training program for supervisors. Completion of this course is required for all supervisors of safety sensitive CDL (commercial driver's license) drivers, including school bus drivers. Best practice is that each district have at least two administrators trained in this requirement.
The course meets the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements. Attendees will receive a certificate of completion.
Effective Jan. 6, 2020, the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse changed the way school districts with drug and alcohol testing programs find out about a CDL driver’s DOT testing history. This session is designed to educate administrators who manage the FMCSA DOT drug and alcohol testing on clearinghouse requirements.
This workshop covers the following topics:
• Clearinghouse basics
• Registering as an employer
• Purchasing queries
• Obtaining driver consent for limited or full queries
• Identifying when a driver needs a clearinghouse account to provide consent for a query
• How to submit a query
• Driver consent verification notification from FMCSA
• What types of violations will be reported to the clearinghouse
OSBA is following proactive measures to ensure compliance with social distancing requirements and providing hand sanitizer to attendees, as well as prepackaged meals if a meal is provided.