Diversity and Equity Consulting Request for Proposals
In 2017, OSBA’s Board of Trustees adopted a new strategic plan that mapped out OSBA’s goals and objectives for the next five years. As a part of this strategic plan, OSBA committed itself to equip boards of education with the tools and resources they need in order to provide students of all backgrounds and abilities with a high-quality education that prepares them for life-long success. This goal requires OSBA to increase the public’s understanding of poverty and its impact on student learning, enhance members’ abilities to reduce the achievement gap, increase member understanding about the barriers in education, create a diversity and equity committee, and convene highly interactive audience-led training summits around some of the most vexing social issues of the day.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
To assist OSBA with achieving the goals and objectives in its strategic plan, OSBA is seeking a qualified Diversity and Equity Consultant (“Consultant”) to work cooperatively with the Association to implement the following services (“Services”):
- Provide consulting services for districts in the area of diversity and equity.
- Identify and create resources for school board members in the area of diversity and equity.
- Provide written content for at least two articles per year on diversity and equity topics.
- Provide content and present at OSBA workshops and conferences throughout the year, as requested by OSBA.
- Develop, design and offer customized onsite training for OSBA staff.
- Serve as a consultant to OSBA staff as OSBA strives to achieve the goals and objectives in its strategic plan that relate to diversity and equity.
If you are interested in providing services to OSBA, please submit the following to Kathy McFarland, Deputy Chief Executive, 8050 N. High Street, Columbus, OH 43235 on or before November 16, 2018:
- Background Information.
- Experience in providing the services.
- Team qualifications.
- Work plan.
- Business references.
- Fee schedule.
- Potential conflicts of interest.
- Outstanding claims, litigation or threats of litigation.
Click here to view the entire RFP.