Charter School Reform
The Ohio House and Senate returned from recess this week. One of the first items of business in the House was to consider the Senate’s amendments to House Bill (HB) 2, charter school accountability. The House voted 58-43 to send the bill to a conference committee.
It was reported that House Republicans remain unhappy with portions of the bill added by the Senate. On the other side of the aisle, House Democrats are concerned the bill will be watered down during the conference committee process.
The members of the conference committee are as follows:
• Senator Peggy Lehner (R-Kettering)
• Senator Cliff Hite (R-Findlay)
• Senator Tom Sawyer (D-Akron)
• Representative Bill Hayes (R-Harrison Township)
• Representative Ron Amstutz (R-Wooster)
• Representative Teresa Fedor (D-Toledo)
The conference committee is expected to wrap-up their work sometime next week.
Have questions about Facts in a Flash?
Please contact Jay Smith at email@example.com or call
House Committee schedule
Senate Committee schedule